How do I register for my roadrunner email account?
To setup Roadrunner once you have already set-up your phone, follow directions below. If you are adding Roadrunner account during your phone’s initial startup, skip down to Set-up account menu
At that point follow the simple steps given below and hopefully, the port settings are consistent.
- Open Applications tray, Tap My Accounts.
- Select Add Account.
- Now you will be able to Set-Up accounts menu with several other social network services.
- Select your Email icon.
- Write your full Roadrunner email address.
- This includes “@__.rr.com” domain name in all lower case.
- Now enter your Roadrunner password.
- Check the automatically configure account box.
Tap on Next.
The phone will connect to your email server and state “Success!” if the account was set-up correctly. Your account is now set-up. Please test sending and receiving an email.
Web Email access for Road Runner can be bookmarked with your phone’s browser at http://www.rr.com/mail
Manual setup your Road Runner POP3 Email:
Road Runner has multiple POP3 server names depending on your location. Now you can actually describe your POP3 server names, from your personal Roadrunner email address. If your address is firstname.lastname@example.org, then the POP3 server will be pop-server.satx.rr.com and the SMTP server will be smtp-server.satx.rr.com.
For example, if your address is email@example.com then the POP3 server will be pop-server.tampabay.rr.com and the SMTP server will be smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com. At that time may be the port settings are consistent.
- First Step: Open applications menu
- Now, click on MyAccounts
- Choose Add Account option
- Submit your full Roadrunner email address here, including “@__.rr.com”domain name in all lower case.
- Type your Roadrunner password.
- Uncheck automatically configure an account.
- Tap on Next.
- Click on General Settings.
NOTE: Confirm your information in all General Settings fields is correct. Make changes you want, and then select OK to exit this menu.
- Tap Incoming Server
- Tap POP mail server
- For your POP3 server, enter POP3 server– pop-server.si.rr.com -(*** si refers to Staten Island.
- Enter Port No. 110 (you can also tried port no. 995)
- Type your username
- Type your password
- Uncheck UseSecure server
- Uncheck Verify certificate
- Click on OK
- Now select Outgoing server
- Click on SMTP server– smtp-server.si.rr.com
- Always use Secure server unchecked
- Verify certificate is unchecked
- Enter Port– 25 (always remember that Port 587 can also be used for outgoing if 25 does not work)
- Tap OK
- Tap Other Settings,
- Select length of time messages will be kept on a phone. Time length may be 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, Never Delete Messages or more options.
- Click on OK
- Again click OK to submit your Email set-up.
Now your account set-up properly. Please test sending and receiving an email. You may need to go back and change Security settings on the account to send or receive email. We have included the full list of Roadrunner’s server names listed alphabetically according to state. Click on me and find the text search to identify the server name for your location.